Marion County Studies Slight Improve in New COVID-19 Circumstances | Florida Division of Well being in Marion – Florida Division of Well being
Ocala, Fla. — The variety of new COVID-19 circumstances in Marion County was up barely over the previous week, in response to the Florida Division of Well being’s most up-to-date abstract, which was launched Friday. The positivity price locally additionally elevated.
For the week of Nov. 11-17, Marion County reported:
- New circumstances: 177. That elevated from 165 circumstances within the state’s earlier report, launched Nov. 4.
- The whole variety of circumstances in Marion as of Nov. 17: 100,788.
- Newest positivity price: 7.7%. That rose from 7.2% within the state’s Nov. 4 report.
- Statewide positivity price: 8%. That was up from 7.8% within the state’s Nov. 7 abstract.
- Vaccines: 27. That decreased from 35 vaccines famous within the state’s Nov. 4 report.
- Total ratio of county residents 6 months or older who’ve been vaccinated: 61%.
The state’s abstract doesn’t seize unreported at-home checks carried out in Marion County.
As of Nov. 17, the U.S. Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention rated Marion County’s neighborhood transmission danger as low.
The Division of Well being in Marion County encourages our neighborhood’s residents to assist scale back the unfold of the virus as a lot as potential, particularly because the climate turns colder and folks spend extra time indoors. Please keep house when you really feel sick and use good private hygiene practices, extra importantly washing your fingers continuously. COVID-19 vaccines additionally could assist scale back critical sickness and hospitalizations.
From COVID-19 circumstances reported the week of Nov. 11-17, Marion County reported:
- A median of 25.3 new circumstances per day
- 46.4 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 7.7% positivity price
- A complete of 27 individuals vaccinated
For the week of Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, the state’s final reporting interval, Marion County noticed:
- A median of 23.6 new circumstances per day
- 43.2 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 7.2% positivity price
- A complete of 35 individuals vaccinated
For the week of Oct. 14-20, Marion noticed:
- A median of 19.4 new circumstances per day
- 35.6 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 5.9% positivity price
- A complete of 25 individuals vaccinated
Throughout the week of Sept. 30–Oct. 6, Marion County recorded:
- A median of 24.9 new circumstances per day
- 45.6 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 8.3% positivity price
- A complete of 33 individuals vaccinated
COVID-19 vaccine availability
DOH-Marion offers free COVID-19 vaccinations from 8:30–11:30 a.m. and 1–4:30 p.m., Monday via Friday, at its predominant workplace, 1801 SE thirty second Ave., Ocala.
Vaccines can be found by appointment or walk-in visits.
Vaccines for all age teams can be obtained all through Marion County at many pharmacies, physician’s workplaces and well being clinics.
Go to floridahealthcovid19.gov to be taught extra about vaccine areas and the newest vaccine steering.
DOH-Marion encourages individuals with questions on vaccines to seek the advice of with their well being care supplier.
Testing is out there at quite a few pharmacies, urgent-care clinics, and physician’s workplaces all through Marion County. Go to floridahealthcovid19.gov to search out native testing websites.
COVID-19 remedy choices
A number of remedy choices stay obtainable in Florida to assist stop extreme sickness and hospitalization. These embrace monoclonal antibody remedies in addition to therapeutics corresponding to Evusheld, Paxlovid and Molnupiravir, which could be administered with a doctor’s prescription.
For extra details about remedy choices, contact your well being care supplier or go to floridahealthcovid19.gov and click on the “Remedy Locator” tab on the high of the web page.
Discover out extra
For extra details about COVID-19 contact the Division of Well being in Marion County at 352-629-0137 or go to marion.floridahealth.gov. Go to floridahealthcovid19.gov and use the Vaccine Locator and Testing Websites instruments to search out vaccination and testing websites close to you.