Marion County Experiences an Improve in New COVID-19 Instances | Florida Division of Well being in Marion – Florida Division of Well being
Ocala, Fla. — Marion County recorded a rise in new COVID-19 circumstances over the previous week, in line with the Florida Division of Well being’s most up-to-date abstract, which was launched Friday. The neighborhood’s positivity fee elevated as effectively.
For the week of Nov. 25 to Dec. 1, Marion County reported:
- New circumstances: 295. That elevated from 177 circumstances within the state’s earlier report, launched Nov. 18.
- The whole variety of circumstances in Marion as of Dec. 1: 101,227.
- Newest positivity fee: 10.9%. That rose from 7.7% within the state’s Nov. 18 report.
- Statewide positivity fee: 11.4%. That was up from 8% within the state’s Nov. 18 abstract.
- Vaccines: 20. That decreased from 27 vaccines famous within the state’s Nov. 18 report.
- General ratio of county residents 6 months or older who’ve been vaccinated: 61%.
The state’s abstract doesn’t seize unreported at-home checks carried out in Marion County.
As of Dec. 1, the U.S. Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention rated Marion County’s neighborhood transmission threat as low.
The Division of Well being in Marion County encourages our neighborhood’s residents to assist cut back the unfold of the virus as a lot as attainable, particularly because the climate turns colder and folks spend extra time indoors. Please keep dwelling if you happen to really feel sick and use good private hygiene practices, corresponding to washing your fingers continuously. COVID-19 vaccines additionally might assist cut back critical sickness and hospitalizations.
From COVID-19 circumstances reported the week of Nov. 25 to Dec. 1, Marion County reported:
- A median of 42.1 new circumstances per day
- 77.3 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 10.9% positivity fee
- A complete of 20 folks vaccinated
For the week of Nov. 11–17, the state’s final reporting interval , Marion County reported:
- A median of 25.3 new circumstances per day
- 46.4 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 7.7% positivity fee
- A complete of 27 folks vaccinated
For the week of Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, Marion County noticed:
- A median of 23.6 new circumstances per day
- 43.2 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 7.2% positivity fee
- A complete of 35 folks vaccinated
For the week of Oct. 14–20, Marion noticed:
- A median of 19.4 new circumstances per day
- 35.6 circumstances per 100,000 residents
- 5.9% positivity fee
- A complete of 25 folks vaccinated
COVID-19 vaccine availability
DOH-Marion offers free COVID-19 vaccinations from 8:30–11:30 a.m. and 1–4:30 p.m., Monday by way of Friday, at its major workplace, 1801 SE thirty second Ave., Ocala.
Vaccines can be found by appointment or walk-in visits.
Vaccines for all age teams will also be obtained all through Marion County at many pharmacies, physician’s places of work and well being clinics.
Go to floridahealthcovid19.gov to study extra about vaccine areas and the most recent vaccine steering.
DOH-Marion encourages folks with questions on vaccines to seek the advice of with their well being care supplier.
Testing is out there at quite a few pharmacies, urgent-care clinics, and physician’s places of work all through Marion County. Go to floridahealthcovid19.gov to seek out native testing websites.
COVID-19 remedy choices
A number of remedy choices stay obtainable in Florida to assist stop extreme sickness and hospitalization. These embody monoclonal antibody remedies in addition to therapeutics corresponding to Evusheld, Paxlovid and Molnupiravir, which might be administered with a doctor’s prescription.
For extra details about remedy choices, contact your well being care supplier or go to floridahealthcovid19.gov and click on the “Remedy Locator” tab on the prime of the web page.
Discover out extra
For extra details about COVID-19 contact the Division of Well being in Marion County at 352-629-0137 or go to marion.floridahealth.gov. Go to floridahealthcovid19.gov and use the Vaccine Locator and Testing Websites instruments to seek out vaccination and testing websites close to you.