The Jacksonville Jaguars dropped to 3-7 on Sunday with a comparatively respectable, however nonetheless irritating 27-17 loss to the Kansas Metropolis Chiefs. Making issues worse for the Jaguars is that each the Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts received in Week 10.
With eight weeks left within the 2022 season, the Jaguars are 3.5 video games behind the 6-3 Titans and a recreation and alter behind the 4-5-1 Colts.
After a Week 11 bye, the Jaguars can have seven video games to attempt to monitor down a spot within the postseason. According to the New York Times’ playoff simulator, there’s solely a 4 % probability of that really coming to fruition.
For one, the Jaguars must win at the least six of their final seven video games to complete above .500 this 12 months. Simply three groups — the 2010 Seattle Seahawks, 2014 Carolina Panthers, and 2020 Washington Soccer Group — have earned a playoff spot with a dropping report.
Is it attainable? Right here’s the Jaguars’ schedule for the rest of the season:
- Week 12: Nov. 27 vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Week 13: Dec. 4 @ Detroit Lions
- Week 14: Dec. 11 @ Tennessee Titans
- Week 15: Dec. 18 vs. Dallas Cowboys
- Week 16: Dec. 22 @ New York Jets
- Week 17: Jan. 1 @ Houston Texans
- Week 18: Jan. 8 vs. Tennessee Titans
There aren’t many straightforward victories there. The Texans have the NFL’s worst report, though their solely win this 12 months got here towards the Jaguars. The Lions began the 12 months with a 1-6 report earlier than profitable within the final two weeks. Aside from these two, the remainder of the Jaguars’ schedule is towards groups with profitable information and 4 of the seven video games are on the street.
The excellent news, although, is that two video games towards the Titans affords an opportunity to make up severe floor. And Tennessee doesn’t have a cake stroll the remainder of the 12 months both. Right here’s the Titans’ schedule the remainder of the best way:
- Week 11: Nov. 17 @ Inexperienced Bay Packers
- Week 12: Nov. 27 vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 13: Dec. 4 @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 14: Dec. 11 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 15: Dec. 18 @ Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 16: Dec. 24 vs. Houston Texans
- Week 17: Dec. 29 vs. Dallas Cowboys
- Week 18: Jan. 8 @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Jacksonville’s street to a playoff berth depends on the Titans dropping at least 4 or 5 of their remaining video games.
It’s unlikely, however a great first step could be Tennessee dropping one among its extra winnable matchups when it performs the Packers on Thursday night time.