COLUMBIA, Mo. – College of Missouri soccer will journey for its first Southeastern Convention street recreation at Florida on Saturday, Oct. 8.
Mizzou (2-3, 0-2 SEC) and Florida (3-2, 0-2 SEC) kick off from Florida Subject at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at 11 a.m. CT on Saturday, Oct. 8 with the sport airing on ESPNU and the Tiger Radio Community.
Saturday’s recreation marks the twelfth assembly between the Tigers and the Gators. Mizzou leads the collection, 6-5, successful the 2021 contest in OT. The Tigers final gained in Gainesville in 2018 (MU, 38-17).
Head Coach: Eliah Drinkwitz (third)
Profession/Mizzou Document: 25-16 (4th) • 13-15 (third)
Head Coach: Billy Napier(1st)
Profession/College Document: 3-2 (1st) • 42-14 (fifth)
Facility Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (88,548)
TV ESPNU (John Schriffen-pxp, Dustin Fox-ana, Lauren Sisler-sl)
On-line WatchESPN.com / ESPN App
Dwell Stats StatBroadcast
Radio Tiger Radio Network: 1580 AM / 105.1 FM / XM 109 or 304
• Mike Kelly-pxp, Howard Richards-ana, Chris Gervino-sl
LAST TIME OUT: MIZZOU
• Mizzou had the school soccer world and the top-ranked and defending nationwide champion Georgia Bulldogs onupset alert for a lot of the sport Saturday, however Georgia wriggled off the hook within the second half and prevailed for a 26-22 victory.
• The Tigers began quick and held a 16-6 halftime lead, however the ‘Dawgs regained their footing and scored on their first 4 possessions of the second half. Mizzou’s protection held Georgia out of the top zone till 9:39 left within the recreation, when Kendall Milton plunged in from the one-yard line to attract Georgia to inside 22-19.
• Missouri’s protection set the early tone, limiting Georgia to only 9 performs within the first quarter, and forcing two first-half fumbles. It was the primary time Georgia had failed to attain on its first possession this season.
• The Tigers jumped out to a 13-0 lead with Harrison Mevis kicking 41- and 49-yard discipline targets wrapped round an 81-yard landing drive on which Prepare dinner hit a wide-open Tyler Stephens with a 10-yard TD move.
• Georgia acquired on the board with a 40-yard discipline aim from Jack Podlesny with 6:36 remaining earlier than halftime, however when Missouri acquired the ball again, Cody Schrader broke unencumber the center and sprinted 63 yards down the sphere earlier than Georgia’s Malaki Starks acquired him to the bottom contained in the one-yard line.
• Mizzou held a 194-182 benefit on the half in complete offensive yardage, and the Tiger defenders had harassed Georgia QB Stetson Bennett into 10-of-24 passing. Mevis kicked discipline targets of 52 and 56 yards within the second half, and Podlesny added one other of 29 yards.
• Missouri defenders had 9 tackles for loss, two sacks, seven quarterback hurries, six passes damaged up and one compelled fumble. Jaylon Carlies was the highest tackler with 13 (11 solo) and Joseph Charleston had 10.
LAST TIME OUT: FLORIDA
• Anthony Richardson threw a 75-yard landing move on Florida’s first offensive play. Within the second quarter, the Gators’ quarterback slow-jogged off the sphere after showing to endure some type of lower-body harm. Six performs later, although, Richardson was again within the recreation and transferring his crew into the top zone, a part of a run of a half-hundred-plus consecutive factors and simple win over Jap Washington for the house crew.
• Richardson accomplished 8-of-10 passes for 240 yards and two touchdowns. His one speeding try went for 45 yards. The sophomore from Gainesville was sidelined for 5 performs within the second quarter, giving solution to backup Jalen Kitna, who went 8 of 12 for 152 yards and a 62-yard rating to true freshman Caleb Douglas within the third quarter. Collectively, they helped the Gators rating 52 unanswered factors and churn out 666 yards, equaling the seventh-most in program historical past, whereas successful a fifteenth consecutive regular-season recreation out of Southeastern Convention play, a streak that dates to the 2018 season opener.
• Justin Shorter was on the receiving finish of the primary UF scoring play. The Gators scored on a pair brief runs by tailbacks Montrell Johnson Jr. and Nay’Quan Wright, whereas wideout Ricky Pearsall had a 76-yard landing run on an end-around play. Wideout Xzavier Henderson caught a 21-yard TD move from Richardson that had the Gators coasting 35-3 at halftime. The rating was 52-3, with Florida having banked the majority of these 666 yards (392 passing, 274 speeding), with 17 totally different skill-position gamers touching the soccer alongside the best way.
• EWU took the opening kickoff and went 49 yards in 13 performs, changing a pair of third downs, earlier than settling for a 44-yard discipline aim from Seth Harrison to take a 3-0 lead virtually seven minutes in. Eleven seconds later, the Eagles trailed. For good, because it turned out.
FEELS AT FAUROT
• 58,165 loud and proud Tiger followers stuffed Faurot Subject on October 1, Missouri’s largest crowd since 2019 (vs. Ole Miss, Homecoming).
AROUND THE LEAGUE
• Dominic Lovett leads all receivers in complete receiving yards (460), receiving yards per recreation (92.0) and complete receptions (27).
• Linebacker Ty’Ron Hopper ranks second in tackles for loss (7.5) and TFL per recreation (1.5). Each marks are additionally prime 20 amongst FBS gamers.
• Harrison Mevis’ 16 factors scored in opposition to Georgia is the very best output by a participant within the SEC this 12 months.
• Jack Stonehouse’s 68-yard punt at Auburn is the longest within the league.
• Lovett’s 79-yard reception from Brady Cook vs. ACU is the longest completion thus far.
• First-time starters in 2022 embrace: Kibet Chepyator (TE), Jayden Jernigan (DT), Tyler Stephens (TE), Connor Tollison (C), Mitchell Walters (RG), Kristian Williams (DT)
• First Division I snaps in 2022 embrace: Luther Burden III (WR), LJ Hewitt (DB), Tyler Jones (DB), Armand Membou (OL), Mekhi Miller (WR), Jack Stonehouse (P), Ja’Marion Wayne (DB)
• After an uncharacteristic day at Auburn, Harrison Mevis displayed an distinctive comeback in opposition to then-No. 1 Georgia, hitting 5-of-5 discipline targets, together with two from 40+ and two from 50+. His last make of the sport was a 56-yarder – the brand new nationwide chief – that matched his profession lengthy from the 2021 Boston Faculty recreation.
• He’s the one NCAA FBS kicker with three connections at 50+ yards this season (52, 52, 56). Nationally, he ranks tied for first in makes an attempt per recreation (2.6) and tied for third in makes per recreation (2.0).
• He’s the primary Mizzou kicker to make 4 40+-yard makes an attempt in a single recreation.
• Mevis’ 5 discipline targets made ties a profession excessive (Arkansas 2020). He is the one Tiger to perform that feat twice, and considered one of 4 to do it in any respect.
• Towards ACU, he nailed a 52 yarder within the fourth quarter vs. ACU, the seventh 50-yard discipline aim of his profession. He surpassed Tom Whelihan (1984-87) for sole possession of the highest spot on Mizzou’s all-time profession 50-yard discipline targets checklist. Mevis has made 50 discipline targets in his profession, good for fifth all-time.
• Jack Stonehouse took over punt duties vs. ACU. He punted twice on the day, neither of which had been returnable, together with a 53 yarder and a touchback.
• At Auburn, he punted eight occasions for a median of 48 yards, booting three over 50 yards, together with 60- and 68-yard punts whereas dropping 5 contained in the 20.
• Stonehouse’s 68-yard punt – tied for No. 11 nationally – is the longest by a Tiger since Corey Fatoney booted a 69-yard punt within the 2018 Liberty Bowl in opposition to Oklahoma State.
• On the season, he totals 15 punts for 676 yards and a median of 45.1. He is landed 5 contained in the 20 and 4 have gone for 50+ yards.
LATEST FROM LOVETT
• Dominic Lovett has led the Tigers in receiving every of the primary 5 video games of the season, the one Tiger to perform that feat within the fashionable period (since 1958).
• He totals 460 receiving yards, 92.0 receiving yards per recreation and 27 complete receptions – all SEC-leading marks.
• At Auburn, Dominic Lovett racked up 102 receiving yards on the Auburn protection. He’s the primary Mizzou participant to have consecutive 100-yard receiving performances since Emanuel Corridor within the first two video games of 2018.
• Towards Abilene Christian, Lovett hauled in his first profession receiving landing on a 79-yard dot from Brady Cook, MU’s longest play from scrimmage since Drew Lock related with Johnathon Johnson for an 85-yard rating within the 2018 Liberty Bowl in opposition to Oklahoma State.
• Lovett completed his profession day with seven receptions for 132 yards. He tacked on his second landing of the day on a 13-yard rating within the waning moments of the third quarter.
• His 132 receiving yards are probably the most by a Mizzou receiver since Johnathon Johnson racked up 185 yards within the 2018 Liberty Bowl in opposition to Oklahoma State.
HOP TO IT
• Via 5 video games, Ty’Ron Hopper totals 32 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a lack of 26 yards, together with two sacks for 15 yards, and one interception for 15 yards.
• He leads the Tigers in complete tackles in three of 5 video games performed. His 29 solo tackles leads the SEC defenders.
• Hopper has logged at the least 5 tackles in all 5 video games this season. Towards LA Tech, ACU and Auburn, he had multi-TFL video games, together with a sack in opposition to LA Tech and at Auburn.
• Towards LA Tech, he snagged the primary interception of his profession in his first recreation in Black and Gold.
AIR IT OUT
• 4 Tigers have double digit receptions via 5 video games: Dominic Lovett (27), Barrett Banister (13), Luther Burden III (13) and Mookie Cooper (11). Lovett (460), Banister (127) and Cooper (108) have reached the century mark in complete yards.
• Mizzou has had at the least six receivers haul in a reception via 5 video games:
vs. Georgia – seven totally different receivers
at Auburn – six totally different receivers
vs. ACU – seven totally different receivers
at Ok State – seven totally different receivers
vs. LA Tech – 9 totally different receivers
• A switch from Oregon, Kristian Williams earned the primary begin of his profession vs. Abilene Christian. He additionally acquired the nod at DT at Auburn and vs. Georgia.
• He has one deal with in every recreation this season, together with tackles for loss within the final two video games.
• Williams recorded his first profession sack with a lack of two yards on Auburn’s Robby Ashford.
COOPER’S CATCHING UP
• Sophomore Mookie Cooper has turned it on within the final three video games, totaling 10 receptions for 112 yards. He had only one catch within the first two video games.
• His 5 receptions vs. Georgia is a brand new profession greatest.
• Towards the Bulldogs, he hauled in a 46-yard catch in site visitors, extending a drive that led to a Harrison Mevis discipline aim.