District Awards Grants to Faculties in Citrus, Hernando, and Pasco Counties for Water Sources Training Tasks
The Southwest Florida Water Management District (District) awarded $108,304 in grants to 51 educators throughout the District as a part of the Splash! college grant program. This system offers as much as $3,000 per college to boost scholar data of freshwater sources in grades Ok-12.
Splash! grants encourage hands-on scholar studying by means of STEM (science, expertise, engineering and arithmetic) actions in addition to engagement of the larger college neighborhood by means of consciousness campaigns. Every college district allocates a portion of its annual youth training funding supplied by the District to help the Splash! grants of their county.
SWFWMD Awards Grants to Faculties in Citrus, Hernando, and Pasco Counties for Water Sources Training Tasks
The District awarded grants to the next faculties/academics in Ci8trus, Hernando, and Pasco Counties:
- Brooksville Elementary Faculty – Amanda Cunningham-Rud (Hernando)
- Central Excessive Faculty – Rachel Kingdom (Hernando)
- Inverness Center Faculty – Deanna Hadley (Citrus)
- Dr. Mary Giella Elementary Faculty – Meagan Brinkman (Pasco)
- East Pasco Training Academy – Dr. Jose Olmo (Pasco)
- Hudson Excessive Faculty – Shamsher Lamba (Pasco)
- J. W. Mitchell Excessive Faculty – Dennis Koslin (Pasco)
- Pinecrest Academy Wesley Chapel – Megan Jungferman (Pasco)
- Zephyrhills Excessive Faculty – Catherine Sutton (Pasco)
Grants can be found to help water teaching programs and actions which might be centered on water cycle fundamentals, freshwater or estuarian ecosystems, water high quality, and water conservation. For extra data, please go to the District’s web site at WaterMatters.org/SchoolGrants.